I. Name and address of the controller
The controller pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation and pursuant to other national data protection laws is:
Team Consult G.P.E. GmbH
Robert-Koch-Platz 4, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Phone: (+49) (0)30 400 556-0
Managing Director: Madjid Kübler
II. General remarks on the processing of personal data
1. Extent of the processing of personal data
In general, we process personal data of our users only to the extent it is required to provide our contents and services as well as a functioning website.
2. Legal basis for the processing of personal data
As far as we seek the consent of the data subject to the processing of personal data, article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph a of the GDPR serves as the legal basis.
For processing of personal data which is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph b of the GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to the processing of personal data required for pre-contractual measures.
To the extent that the processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Team Consult is subject, article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph c of the GDPR serves as the legal basis.
In case vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person require the processing of personal data, article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph d of the GDPR serves as the legal basis.
In case the processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our company or a third party and is not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph f of the GDPR serves as the legal basis.
3. Data erasure and data storage period
The personal data of the data subject are erased or restricted as soon as the purpose of the processing ceases to exist. The personal data can further be stored to the extent designated by the European or national lawmaker in the form of regulations under Union law, laws, or other provisions Team Consult is subject to. Data is also erased or restricted when a retention period specified in the above-mentioned norms expires, unless the further storage of data is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract.
III. Collection and storage of personal data and type and purpose of data usage
1. During the visit of our website
The internet service provider hosting our website, STRATO AG, collects data every time our website is accessed (server log files).
Every time you access our website, the browser you are using on your internet device automatically sends data to the server on which our website is hosted. This data is temporarily stored in a so-called log file.
The following information is automatically collected and stored until it is automatically erased:
- IP address and internet service provider of the computer requesting access
- Date and time of access
- Requested content (specific page)
- Access status/ http status code
- Name and URL of the requested page and corresponding file(s)
- Website, from which you were referred (by link) to our website (referrer URL)
- Browser used for access, including language and version of the browser
- The operating system of your computer, its interface and version
- Transmitted data volume
- Confirmation of successful and complete access/retrieval
We process the above-mentioned data for the following purposes:
- To ensure frictionless connection and visual display of the website,
- To ensure convenient use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability, and
- Further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest results from the purposes listed above. On no account will we use the collected data for the purpose of identifying or drawing any conclusions about the person accessing our website.
2. In the event of contact via e-mail
a) Description and extent of data processing
You can contact us via e-mail using the e-mail addresses stated on our website. In this case we store the personal data transmitted in or along with the e-mail.
In this context, the data will not be transferred to third parties. The data will be used exclusively for the conversation.
b) Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted as part of an e-mail conversation is article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph f of the GDPR. In case the e-mail conversation is directed at concluding a contract, article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph b of the GDPR serves as additional legal basis.
c) Purpose of data processing
The processing of personal data serves only to conduct the conversation. This is also the legitimate interest in processing the data.
d) Storage period
The data are erased as soon as they are no longer needed to pursue the purpose for which they were collected. Regarding personal data transmitted via e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with the user is completed. A conversation is completed when the matter in question is obviously settled.
e) Right to object and to withdraw consent
The user has the right to withdraw his or her consent to the processing of his or her personal data at any time. If the user contacts us via e-mail, he or she may object to the processing of his or her personal data. In such event, the conversation cannot be continued.
You can withdraw your consent to the processing or object to the storage of your personal data by contacting us via phone, e-mail, fax or by post (see above for contact details).
In this case, all personal data which were stored in the course of the conversation will be erased.
3. Transfer of data
A transfer of your personal data to third parties will only take place for the following purposes.
We transfer your data to third parties only if:
- You gave us explicit consent pursuant to article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph a of the GDPR
- The transfer is required to raise, exercise or defend legal claims pursuant to article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph f and there is no reason to assume an opposing and outweighing interest on your part.
- There is legal obligation to transfer the data pursuant to article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph c of the GDPR
- It is permitted by law and required for the execution of contractual relationships with you pursuant to article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph b of the GDPR.
Data emerging in connection with your specific device are stored in the cookie. However, this does not mean we gain immediate knowledge of your identity.
Our website uses transient cookies and persistent cookies.
Transient cookies are erased automatically when the browser is closed. In particular, these include session cookies that are used to register which pages of our website have already been visited. These are automatically erased after leaving our website.
In addition, we use temporary cookies to optimize usability. Temporary cookies are stored on your device for a certain, pre-specified period of time. If you visit our website repeatedly, the website server automatically detects earlier visits and which inputs were made during those earlier visits. Therefore, you will not have to make the same inputs again. You can erase cookies from your device at any time (see the security settings of your browser).
The processing of data by the means of cookies is required to maintain our legitimate interests and the legitimate interests of third parties pursuant to article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph f of the GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies by default. However, you can change the settings of your browser so that no cookies are accepted (in which case no cookies will be generated and stored) or a hint pops up every time a cookie is generated. However, if you deactivate cookies entirely, you may not be able to use all functions of our website.
5. Analytical tools
a) Tracking tools
We take the below-mentioned tracking measures on the basis of article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph f of the GDPR. These measures serve the optimization of our website and help us ensure that the design of our website meets the users’ demands. Furthermore we use tracking tools to collect statistics and to analyze the use of our website for optimization purposes. These are legitimate interests within the meaning of aforementioned provision.
The purposes for data processing and the categories of collected data depend on the specific tools.
Matomo (formerly PIWIK)
We use the open source software Matomo to analyze the use of our website statistically. For this purpose, cookies are used (see no. 4). The data generated by the cookie on the use of our website are transferred to our website server and summarized in pseudonym user profiles. The data are used to analyze the use of our website and help us ensure that the design of our website meets the users’ demands. The data are not transferred to third parties. Legal basis for the use of Matomo is article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph f of the GDPR.
On no account will the IP address be connected to other data relating to the user. The IP addresses are anonymized, making any association impossible (IP masking).
Your visit of this website is currently tracked by the web analysis of Matomo. Follow this link (https://matamo.org/docs/privacy/) if you want to deactivate tracking by Matomo.
6. Integration of Google Maps
Maps from Google Maps are integrated into our website. The integration of content from third-party providers always requires that the third-party provider knows the IP address of the user. Otherwise, the third-party provider would not be able to send the requested contents (the map, in case of Google Maps) to the user’s browser. The IP address is therefore required to display the contents. Further, such third-party providers may use own cookies and process the users’ data for their own purposes. In this context, user profiles may be generated from the users’ data. We use such third-party contents with care and in a data-minimizing way. Further, we seek to choose only third-party providers which are reliable with regard to data security. Also, we attempt to integrate only such third-party contents the provider of which limit the use of the IP address to content delivery. However, we have no control over how the third-party provider uses the IP address, e.g. we cannot prevent the providers’ use of the IP address for statistical purposes or a further collection of user data by the provider. To the extent we know of such further use of data by the provider, we inform the users about this.
IV. Rights of data subjects
You have the right
- pursuant to article 15 of the GDPR to obtain confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data, and where that is the case, access your personal data;
- pursuant to article 16 of the GDPR to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- pursuant to article 17 of the GDPR to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you, as far as the processing of your personal data is not necessary for the reasons listed in article 17, section 3 of the GDPR;
- pursuant to article 18 of the GDPR to obtain the restriction of processing of your personal data;
- pursuant to article 20 of the GDPR to receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, commonly-used, machine-readable format or to transmit those data to another controller;
- pursuant to article 7, section 3 of the GDPR to withdraw your previously given consent. If you want to make use of your right to withdraw, an e-mail to email@example.com will suffice. This will have the consequence that we may not continue any data processing that was based on that consent, and
- pursuant to article 77 of the GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
V. Right to object
As far as our processing of your personal data is based on legitimate interests pursuant to article 6, section 1, sub-paragraph f of the GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to article 21 of the GDPR, to object to the processing of personal data concerning you, to the extent there are reasons relating to your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct marketing purposes. In the latter case, you have a general right to object which we will observe independent of any statement of a particular situation.
If you want to make use of your right to object, an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org will suffice.
VI. General remarks on data security on the internet
Please be aware that the transmission of data over the internet (e.g. unencrypted http connections, communication through unencrypted e-mail) may have general security vulnerabilities and is not per se protected against access by third parties. In the context of the transmission of personal data over the internet, full data security and protection of your personal data cannot be guaranteed.